The first Bhutan Thailand Festival will be held in Thimphu at the Youth Development Fund Multipurpose Hall from 9 – 11 June, 2017 to celebrate the continued friendship, shared common spiritual heritage and growing areas of development cooperation between the two Kingdoms.
H.E. General Tanasak Patimapragorn, Deputy Prime Minister of Thailand will visit Bhutan from 8 – 11 June 2017 for the Festival. He will be accompanied by Ms. Kobkarn Wattanavrangkul, Minister for Tourism and Sports and H.E. Mrs. Cheweerat Kasetsoontorn, Vice Minister for Culture along with other officials from Thailand. This is the second visit to Bhutan by the Deputy Prime Minister of Thailand.
During the festival, various exhibitions will be held to showcase the excellent relations between the two Kingdoms and the areas development cooperation. Exhibitions include the following:
- A Tribute to His Majesty King Bhumibol Adulyadej of Thailand – a Photo Exhibition
- Exhibition by Thai Private Medical hospitals
- Exhibition on agricultural products of Thailand and Bhutan
- Cultural Performances from Bhutan and Thailand
- Thai Boxing
- Thai Food booth and Traditional Bhutanese Cuisine
- Free Medical Check-up by doctors from Thailand at the Festival venue. The Medical Check-ups will be conducted for general, cancer, cardio, ENT, dental and medical Counseling
- Exhibition of Silk Products from the two countries
During the Festival, agencies from the two Kingdoms will also sign Memorandum of Understanding(s) in the field of tourism and sports.
The Festival will be open for public to visit the exhibition stalls and avail free medical check-up at the Festival venue.
Bhutan and Thailand share cordial relations marked with tremendous goodwill. Bhutan and Thailand established formal diplomatic relations in 1989.
Ministry of Foreign Affairs
7th June 2017