1. Conference facilities :
Convention Centre, Thimphu
Phone No. + 975 2 322068 / 331491
Fax No. +00975 2 326846
Contact Person: Mr. Tashi Peljor – 77609287 (bkrashi @ mfa.gov.bt)
Mr. Sangay Tenzing – 17117400(wamropsangay @ mfa.gov.bt)
Mr. Tenzin Dorji – 17668899 (tenzindorji @ mfa.gov.bt)
– Business centre with wifi facility will be available at the Convention Centre for the use of delegates.
– Delegations wishing to circulate documents for the respective meetings should submit soft/hard copy of the documents.
– Bilateral room, if necessary, will be available at the Convention Centre. Delegations are requested to reserve the room well in advance.
2. Passport & Visa
All delegates must be in possession of a valid passport (validity not less than 6 months). Delegates holding Bangladeshi, Indian or Maldivian Passports do not need Bhutanese Visa. Other delegates may obtain a SAARC Visa Exemption Sticker from their respective Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
All delegates are required to complete the “Registration Form” and submit the same for issuance of Delegates Identity Card, which will be required to enter meeting related venues.
4. Local Hospitality :
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Royal Government of Bhutan will provide local hospitality for the above meeting as follows:
Programme Committee – Leader of delegation + 1
Standing Committee – Leader of delegation + 1
Council of Ministers – Leader of delegation + 2
Local Hospitality will include hotel accommodation, transport, meals and local telephone calls.
For hospitality assistance the following may be contacted:
Mr. Phuntsho Dukpa, DCOP – 17618233 (email@example.com)
Mr. Chang D. Tshering – 17111533 (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Mr. Jigme Norbu – 17629924 (email@example.com)
Hotel reservations for the delegations have been made as followings:
|Kisa||336494 / 336495||336395|
Standing Committee/Council of Ministers
|India||Taj Tashi||324510 / 336699||336677|
|Afghanistan||Terma Linca||351490 / 351491||351429|
|Riverview||325030 / 325031||323496|
6. Airport Assistance :
– Representative of the Royal Government of Bhutan will be present at the Paro International Airport to receive and see off the delegations.
– Ministers and Standing Committee Leaders with be received and seen off at the VIP Ceremonial Lounge of Paro International Airport. All other delegates will have to use the normal entry and exit channel at the airport terminal.
– All baggage are subject to security scanning and customs check to meet airline safety requirements.
– Disembarkation/Embarkation cards should be completed by each delegate and submitted together with the passport at the time of arrival/departure to the concerned authorities for immigration formalities.
7. Transportation :
– Airport pick-up and see-off will be provided to all delegates provided prior arrival and departure information is received.
– As part of local hospitality transportation will be provided for each delegation as follows:
Ministers – 1 car + protocol
Standing Committee – 1 car
Programming Committee – 1 car
– Should delegations require additional vehicles the Protocol Department can assist in hiring vehicles.
Twenty-four hour security will be provided for at the meeting venue and all designated hotels. Personal Security Officers will be detailed with each Minister. In the interest of security, delegations are requested to keep their Liaison Officers informed of their Ministers programme.
– Media representatives must complete media accreditation and visa formalities before arrival in Bhutan.
– Media representatives arriving Bhutan by air to cover the Session will be met and assisted at arrival lounge of Paro Airport by Media Liaison Officials from the Ministry of Information and Communications (MoIC). Those arriving Bhutan by road may do so only through Phuentsholing.
– Media representatives may choose to avail the services of the MoIC to make logistical arrangements. Alternatively, arrangements may be made through a registered Bhutanese travel agent. The list of registered travel agents is available at www.tourism.gov.bt.
– Transportation for media personnel from Paro Airport to Thimphu + Phuentsholing to Thimphu and back will be provided for. There will also be shuttle services through designated routes to the Convention Centre.
– Communications facilities will be available at the Media Centre of the MoIC
– For Media assistance the following may be contacted:
Ms. Tshering Wangmo
Media Liaison Office
Ministry of Information and Communications
Thimphu – Bhutan
Email: tsheomo @ gmail.com
Phone: + 975 2 322567
Fax: + 975 2 331299
The month of February is generally cold. Delegates are advised to bring warm clothing.
Weather forecast in February :
Paro 13 to 15 – 1 to 2
Thimphu 12 to 14 – 2 to 1
11. Currency :
Exchange rate : US $ 1 = Ngultrum Nu. 45.25 (1/2/2011) Foreign exchange service is available at the airport, banks and hotels.
12. Mobile services
Bhutan Telecom and Tashi Cell are the two cellular service providers. Pre-paid SIM cards/vouchers are readily available.
13. Medical services:
24 hrs medical services will be available at the meeting venue and hotels.