A 36 member delegation representing ten European Bhutan Friendship Societies and two NGOs are on a visit to Bhutan from 27th November to 9th December 2012. The purpose of the visit is to renew their contacts and follow developments in Bhutan.
1. Austria-Bhutan Society
2. Les Amis du Bhoutan, France
3. Bhutan-help Society, Germany
4. German-Bhutan Himalayan Society
5. Greece-Bhutan Friendly Association
6. Amici del Bhutan, Italy
7. Bhutan + Partners, Netherlands (NGO)
8. Friends of Bhutan, Netherlands
9. Swedish Bhutan Society
10. Society Switzerland-Bhutan
11. Bhutan Society of the United Kingdom; and
12. Jhomolhari Trust (NGO)
The delegation called on Hon’ble Lyonchhen and Lyonpo Khandu Wangchuk, Minister In-Charge of Foreign Affairs, at the Gyalyong Tshokhang. They also met senior government officials, members of the Civil Society Organizations, Private sector, and visited places of historical and cultural interests in Thimphu, Punakha, Wangdue and Paro.
The Friendship Societies also presented a donation towards the reconstruction of Wangduephodrang dzong. The donation was handed over to Lyonpo Khandu Wangchuk, Minister In-Charge of Foreign Affairs at the reception hosted by Foreign Ministry on 28 November 2012.
The Societies undertake many beneficial activities for Bhutan including promoting friendship and understanding between Bhutan and Europe.