- Study in Australia: The official website of the Government of Australia for international students can be accessed at https://www.studyaustralia.gov.au/. This website also offers a general guide to studying and living in Australia.
- Australian High Commission in India: The Australian High Commission, accredited to Bhutan, has a website (www.india.embassy.gov.au) with useful information for students coming to Australia.
- For applying for a student visa and conditions for grant of student visa, as well as the latest changes in the Student visa program please visit www.immi.gov.au.
- For details about the list of goods that need to be declared and which ones are prohibited from entry into Australia, visit http://www.agriculture.gov.au/travelling
- Individual states in Australia also have their official websites for international students, which provide more details about local conditions.
- For complaints against Private Education Providers on issues like fees and refunds, course progress or attendance, the cancellation of enrolments or accommodation or work arranged by providers as also complaint about education agents working for the education providers, please contact Overseas Students Ombudsman:http://www.ombudsman.gov.au/How-we-can-help/overseas-students.
Post:GPO Box 442, Canberra ACT 2601
- The Overseas Students Ombudsman has jurisdiction in all states and territories except South Australia where different arrangements apply. The South Australian Training Advocate (www.trainingadvocate.sa.gov.au) deals with complaints from overseas students about private education providers.
- For complaints against public institutions please contact the respective State/Territory Ombudsman
|Australian Capital Territory Ombudsman
Address: Level 5, Childers Square, 14 Childers Street
Canberra City ACT – 2601
Phone:1300 362 0723
|New South Wales Ombudsman
Address: Level 24
580 George Street, Sydney NSW 2000
|Northern Territory Ombudsman
Address : Level 12, NT House
22 Mitchell Street, Darwin NT 0800
Ground Floor, Centrepoint Building
Hartley Street (opposite the Diplomat Hotel),
Alice Springs NT 0870
Address: Level 17
53 Albert Street, Brisbane QLD 4000
|South Australian Ombudsman
Address: Level 5
50 Grenfell Street, Adelaide SA 5000
PO Box 3651
Rundle Mall SA 5000
Address: 99 Bathurst Street, Hobart 7000
GPO Box 960 Hobart TAS 7000
Address: Level 9, North Tower
459 Collins Street, Melbourne VIC 3000
|Western Australia Ombudsman
Address: Level 12, St Martin’s Tower 44 St George’s Terrace, Perth WA 6001
- For information on the OSHC (Overseas Students Health Cover) scheme, go to www.oshcworldcare.com.au. OSHC Worldcare 24-hour Emergency Helpline – 1800 814 781 provides medical, legal and interpreting services to international students in need.
- For information on National Minimum wage for Australia visit: www.fairwork.gov.au
- For work place rights and related complaints, please approach Fair Work Ombudsman:http://www.fairwork.gov.au/employment/international-students/Pages/default.aspx
- Bhutanese Associations in Australia: Please visit (weblink).