Media Services

For media related queries, please contact the Public Diplomacy Division at 322471 ext 109, 137, 229. 

Foreign Media and Filming in Bhutan

Any foreign audiovisual company or individual journalist requesting to shoot a documentary or commercial and cover stories in Bhutan must have clearance from the relevant agencies. The Ministry will facilitate obtaining permission from relevant authorities for any such activities as specified below:

  1.  Seek clearance from the Ministry.
  2.  Seek media accreditation from the Media Council or seek necessary approval from the Film Commission.
  3.  Seek necessary approval from the Department of Culture.
  4. Convey the approval and need for an orientation programme from the Ministry.
  5. Plan the orientation programme including relevant agencies.