APPLICATION FOR PASSPORT
All Bhutanese citizens are eligible to apply for a passport.
All applicants for a Passport are requested to submit their applications online through the G2C services system (www.citizenservices.gov.bt).
The Passport Office, Ministry of Foreign Affairs and External Trade at Changangkha will assist with offline/in-person applications only in case of an emergency or where the applicant is absolutely not able to use the online system. Further, for release of a Diplomatic/Official Passport, the release form must be filled and submitted to the Passport Office. The Help Desk at the Passport Office will assist applicants with their queries and requests.
The requirements for different categories of passports are as follows:
Diplomatic / Official Passport
For a new Passport:
For a new Passport:
1. Submit an application online through the G2C services system. (www.citizenservices.gov.bt)
SPECIFICATION FOR PASSPORT-SIZE PHOTOGRAPH
The size of the photograph should be 45 mm x 35 mm with your facial image taking up 70 to 80 % of the photograph and the photograph must be:
- color photo;
- in national dress with exception to children below 3 (Tego and Wonju mandatory for female. Toetse for monk and nun)
- white background without border;
- portrait style with eyes open and forehead & ears clearly visible;
- without flash reflection, tinted lenses and thick frames if you are wearing glasses;
- without shadow with sharp and clear focus;
- of high quality with no ink marks or creases;
- printed on photo-quality paper for photographs taken with a digital camera;
- clean with no smudge marks;
- glued and not stapled or pinned to the application; and
- not older than six months.
FEES AND FINES
The following fees and fines shall be applicable:
|Sl. No.||Categories of Passport||Fees and Fines|
|A. New Issuance|
|1.||Diplomatic / Official Passport||Not applicable|
|2.||Ordinary Passport(adults)||Nu. 1,000 /-|
|3.||Ordinary Passport (children below 18 years)||Nu. 800/-|
|4.||Emergency Passport||Nu. 1,000/-|
|1.||Expired Passport/Exhaustion of pages||Nu. 1,000/-|
|2.||Lost or damaged Passport||Nu. 5,000/-|
The Passport Office will be open from Monday to Friday as follows:
- 9:00 am to 12:00 pm and from 02:00pm to 05:00pm.
- The Passport Office will be closed on government holidays.
- The Passport Office will be facilitating collection of Passports. (Applicants shall receive SMS from G2C when their Passport is ready for collection)
- The Passport Office shall not be held liable for uncollected Passports, particularly those that are more than one month old
The Passport Office reserves the right to request for additional document(s) and information to support the application.
Fees and fines shall be subject to revision from time to time.
Click Here for FAQs