Your passport application must be affixed with a recent passport photograph (not more than six months old). The size of the photograph should be 45 mm x 35 mm with your facial image taking up 70 to 80 % of the photograph, taken with a white background and without border.
The photograph must:
- show you looking directly at the camera. No looking over one shoulder (portrait style).
- show eyes open and clearly visible. If you wear glasses there should be no flash reflection, no tinted lenses and the frames should not cover any part of your eyes.
- be in sharp focus and clear – no shadows.
- be of high quality with no ink marks or creases. Photographs taken with a digital camera must be printed on photo-quality paper.
- be clean with no smudge marks.
- be glued and not stapled or pinned to the application form.
Your passport photograph is the primary form of identification and following these minimum ICAO standards would facilitate proper identification at immigration checks while avoiding the need for the Passport Section to ask you to resubmit your photograph.
|PHOTO NOT OK (Background not white,frame of glass over the eyes and facial image small)|