Greetings from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs!
In the wake of the pandemic, the Royal Government of Bhutan discourages travel abroad; however if your travel is essential and unavoidable, you are required to complete the following formalities, and email it to Mr. Cheku Dorji (email@example.com), Ms. Pema Choden (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Ms. Tshewang Lhamo (email@example.com):
1. In your email, mention the reason(s) for your travel;
2. Submit a duly filled and signed undertaking form~ Download Here~ (make sure both the traveler and the witness sign on it);
3. ID copies (PP/CID/any identity card) of the traveler and the witness;
4. register here – https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdYqqBLv6IYQSxjUJPVmWX2TAPk53RpnAWB6WGhKNC1tXTqFw/viewform (Mention tentative and return dates. In the address section, mention the address of your destination); and
5. Submit evidence of your employment (if you are working), or a letter from your institution (if you are a student)
PLEASE ENSURE ALL OF THE ABOVE ARE SUBMITTED VIA EMAIL in the above mentioned email IDs.
The Ministry will assess the application and issue a letter via email to enable your travel.
Good luck and best wishes!