The newly elected Government of Bhutan led by Prime Minister Dr. Lotay Tshering was sworn-in by the Chief Justice of Bhutan on 31’t October 2018 and have officially assumed Office from 7th November 2018.
Earlier in the day, His Majesty conferred Dakyen to Prime Minister, Speaker and Cabinet Ministers. The new Cabinet of the Royal Government of Bhutan is comprised of the following:
- H.E. Dr. Lotay Tshering, Hon’ble Prime Minister of Bhutan
- H.E. Dr. Tandi Dorji, Minister for Foreign Affairs
- H.E. Mr. Sherub Gyeltshen, Minister for Home and Cultural Affairs
- H.E. Mr. Yeshey Penjor, Minister for Agriculture and Forests
- H.E. Mr. Loknath Sharma, Minister for Economic Affairs
- H.E. Mr. Jai Bir Rai, Minister for Education
- H.E. Mr. Karma Donnen Wangdi, Minister for Information and Communications
- H.E. Dr. Dechen Wangmo, Minister for Health
- H.E. Mr. Namgay Tshering, Minister for Finance
- H.E. Mr. Dorji Tshering, Minister for Works and Human Settlements
- H.E. Mr. Ugyen Dorli, Minister for Labour and Human Resources
Earlier on 31″ October 2018, the National Assembly of Bhutan also elected Mr. Wangchuk Namgyel and Mr. Tshencho Wangdi of the Druk Namrup Tshogpa as the Speaker and Deputy Speaker of the National Assembly respectively.